Did you know that car accidents are the fifth most common cause of death in the United States? This is a staggering statistic. In addition to staying alert and aware of the other cars on the road, the best thing to do is practice defensive driving at all times.
Below are some defensive driving tips:
- Keep your eyes on the road at all times.
- Wear your seat belt.
- Obey the speed limit.
- Come to a complete stop at stop signs.
- Always use your turn signals to change lanes.
- Yield to pedestrians crossing the street.
- Leave enough space between your car and the car in front of you.
- Don’t text and drive.
- Never operate a vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
At Levine and Wiss, we understand that accidents happen. Have you or a loved one suffered an injury due to a motor vehicle crash? Contact Levine & Wiss. It is important that you consult an attorney as soon as possible. The sooner you call us, the better your chances of recovery will be, as we may still be able to preserve the scene where the injury occurred via photographic evidence and witness accounts. Contact us at 1-888-GOT-HURT (1-888-468-4878) for a free consultation.