Winter in the Northeast is usually filled with snow and ice. As you can imagine, snow and ice make for dangerous driving conditions. According to the Federal Highway Administration, more than 116,800 people are injured each year due to snowy or icy roadways. Below are some driving safety tips to keep in mind this winter.
- When driving on snowy or icy roads, decrease your speed.
- Leave enough space between your car and the car in front of you.
- When approaching a curve in the road, reduce your speed.
- Don’t slam on the brakes. Instead, gently pump the brakes when stopping.
- Be mindful of your surroundings at all times.
- Watch out for pedestrians in the road. After all, they have the right of way.
- Expect that it will take you additional time to arrive to your destination.
- Take main roads whenever possible.
We can help you receive the compensation you need if you have been injured in a car crash. Our car accident attorneys have previous experience working with insurance companies, giving us an invaluable insight into creating the necessary strategies to overcome such companies seeking to minimize your compensation. If you or a loved one have suffered an injury due to a car accident, contact us today by calling 1.888.GOT.HURT (468-4878) or simply contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. Our representation is offered on a contingent fee basis. We only collect attorneys fees if we secure compensation for you.